Gut Healing Blueberry Smoothie
If you’re like me and often experience digestive upset that consists of pain and bloating, or you just like smoothies in general, this recipe is for you!
This recipe incorporates ingredients to calm the gut and aid with digestion, like ginger and coconut oil, as well as those that will help to heal and protect the gut lining against future agitation, like collagen, healthy fats and vitamin C.
This recipe calls for vanilla protein powder, for people with sensitive systems I would highly recommend choosing a brand that has no added artificial sweeteners or preservatives (the fewer ingredients, the better).
Gut Healing Smoothie Ingredients:
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 in piece of ginger, peeled and chopped or grated
- 1 Tbsp unrefined coconut oil
- 1-2 scoops vanilla protein
- 1 Tbsp collagen powder ( I use Vital Proteins)
- 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Brazil nuts or walnuts (high in omega-3)
- 1 cup or large handful of spinach
Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth, enjoy it as a smoothie bowl or add water to make it less thick!