Chocolate Zucchini Smoothie
Start your day will a full dose of fibrous veggies without even knowing it. This shake is like having dessert for breakfast, without all the sugar and guilt. If you know me, you’ll have already heard about my nut butter obsession…I find a way to eat it with everything and it is my favorite way to add flavor, creaminess and healthful fats to smoothies. This shake can be made with any nut butter, I like to rotate each week between peanut, almond and cashew!
- 2-3 Tbsp Nut butter of choice
- 1 cup frozen zucchini (chop and steam for a few minutes and then freeze on a baking sheet or plate)
- 2 scoops vanilla protein of choice
- 1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp Cacao powder
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 banana
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Add water to desired consistency, I like mine thick.
Add all the ingredients to a blender and let it do its thing. I also like adding in my Amazing Grass Belly Elixir powder for some extra greens and adaptogens.
Top with coconut shreds, chopped nuts, chia seeds or cinnamon.