4 Ingredient Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
While on the road, whether you are camping or traveling in a country where there is limited access to fresh foods, we’ve found a simple and accessible combination that creates a healthy and delicious breakfast or lunch bowl. This easy meal provides you with fuel for your daily excursions without breaking the bank, it is also loaded with heart healthy polyunsaturated fats, vitamins C, B, D, and E.
- 1 Cup Quinoa (uncooked, quinoa to water ratio is 1:2)
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Medium Tomato
- 4 Eggs
- Whatever other spices you fancy
- Soy sauce
- Almond cheese or feta
- Squeeze of lime
Depending on what you have access too this can be made several different ways; our favorite way being with fresh over-easy eggs, but boiled eggs and dehydrated quinoa will do the trick as well. If you are cooking at home and are feeling fancy, we love mixing pesto OR soy sauce into our quinoa for some extra flavor!
- Put on water to boil and when it comes to a full boil add quinoa, turn it down to simmer, and cover. Stir periodically for the next 15 minutes.
- Prepare your avocado and tomato into chunks of your desired size.
- Using the oil of your choice (we recommend coconut) cook your eggs as desired (we love a runny middle).
- When quinoa is fluffy and fully cooked through, divide between two bows, top with eggs, avocado, tomato and salt/pepper/cheese if you have it.